Mississippi Makers Festival seeks Mississippi-based artists and artisans to sell their products at this inaugural event on Saturday, May 9, 2020.
Join the Mississippi Department of Archives and History (MDAH) at the first Mississippi Makers Festival on Entergy Plaza at the Two Mississippi Museums and along North Street on Saturday, May 9, from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. This festival will feature Mississippi artisans, live music, make-and-take activities, food trucks, and local breweries. The Mississippi Makers Festival offers a juried marketplace with low booth fees, artist hospitality perks, well-equipped facilities, generous parking, and security for our vendors. This event will be advertised across the Southeast, bringing in visitors from all over the region to support our talented Mississippians.
- Free 10’ x 10’ tent space and one 8’ table
- Free Wi-fi
- Easy curbside loading and unloading
- Overnight trailer parking
- Discounted hotel stays
- Event security
- Capitol Police will provide security throughout the entirety of the event. The State of Mississippi is not be responsible for loss or damage of any kind.
- Application deadline has been extended. Applications are currently being accepted.
- Submit the application below and pay a $25 non-refundable application fee. Submission of this application does not guarantee acceptance as a vendor.
- Art groups and organizations may share a booth as long as the work is handmade in Mississippi by Mississippi artists. All groups and organizations must complete the same application process as individual artists and will be notified of participation status based on the application provided.
- Accepted vendors will be notified via email by March 15. A welcome packet with all event details and booth assignments will be emailed to each accepted artist by April 1.
- Vendors must be at least 18 years of age.
- Accepted vendors are required to sell their products from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Accepted vendors are encouraged to continue to sell their products until the conclusion of the event at 9 p.m.
- Accepted vendors must pay a $150 booth fee to participate ($75 for non-profits; proof of 501(c)3 status required). A vendor who is selected by the jury and accepts the invitation to exhibit must submit his or her booth fee payment in full by the deadline in order to participate in the festival. Failure to respond by the deadline may result in forfeiture of participation status. Artists will be provided with an online payment link after the jury results are announced.
- Vendors may bring additional tables with white, fitted, floor-length table skirt or rent additional tables through the festival.
- Vendors must set-up and take-down their own display.
- Vendors retain 100% of their sales and are responsible for reporting their own taxes.
Artists are encouraged to demonstrate during the event but may not cause disruption or hinder access to other vendors.
MDAH reserves the right to prevent an artist from displaying work that is not representative of the images originally submitted in the vendor application.
Selection is based on originality of work shown, salability, and a desire to keep the media in the show balanced. The artist statement, price range, process, and materials used will be available to a jury panel to aid in the scoring process. All applicants will be notified whether accepted, denied, or waitlisted.
For additional information, contact Tori Rice at email@example.com.