Due to safety precautions for COVID-19, the maximum number of people per group is twenty. Groups must follow social distancing guidelines and remain six feet apart from all guests, including each other.
Ready to plan your trip? Here are three things you should do:
1. Learn About A Typical School Visit Experience
As the state’s largest classroom for exploring Mississippi’s rich and complex history, the Two Mississippi Museums are the premiere destination for school field trips.
- What can I expect from a field trip to the Two Mississippi Museums?
- The campus of the Two Mississippi Museums includes both the Museum of Mississippi History and the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum.
- Students will experience the full scope of Mississippi history from prehistory to present day and explore themes that are emphasized in the Mississippi Studies courses.
- Your students may be split into two group in order to have the opportunity to tour both museums. We recommend planning to spend between 1 to 1.5 hours in each museum.
- How should I plan lunch for my group?
- Groups may bring their own lunches and picnic on the BankPlus Porch or Entergy Plaza, if weather permits. Nissan Café by Fresh Cut at the Two Mississippi Museums has brown bag lunches for purchase at a reasonable price. To purchase brown bag lunches at the Two Mississippi Museums, email email@example.com.
2. Request Your School Group Visit Now
We want every school group that visits the Two Mississippi Museums to have a meaningful experience. To accomplish this goal, we ask that groups book their field trips in advance. Please complete the group visit request form here.
3. Explore Education Materials
Below are links to downloadable museum education materials, which are designed to enhance your students' experience. Please print enough materials and provide enough pencils for each of your students in advance of your visit.